Willows Internal Medicine team, comprising six Medicine Specialists, two residents and a team of dedicated Medicine Nurses, provides a comprehensive Internal Medicine service to referral patients from across the UK. Willows is a truly multi-disciplinary centre with Specialists across Soft Tissue Surgery, Neurology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Orthopaedics, Anaesthesia, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Nutrition and ECC.
This clinical training position is designed to prepare the successful candidate for the ECVIM-CA examinations. Facilities at Willows are second to none, including:
· Extensive imaging facilities including 1.5T MRI, 64 slice Siemens CT, Ultrasound, Digital X-ray, and Fluoroscopy.
· A broad range of endoscopic equipment allowing flexible video GI endoscopy, video bronchoscopy, flexible video cystoscopy, rigid cystoscopy, rhinoscopy and side-view duodenoscopes for biliary interventions.
· Dedicated intensive care unit with ECC Specialist supervision.
· Dedicated high dependency medicine ward.
· Radioactive iodine treatment for hyperthyroidism and thyroid carcinoma.
· Extensive experience and equipment for Interventional Radiology and Interventional Endoscopy procedure.
· In-house laboratory.
· True multi-disciplinary support for challenging cases.
· Access to further expertise within the Linnaeus network when appropriate, for example access to radiation oncology.
The Internal Medicine team have broad clinical experience with particular interests in Gastroenterology, Clinical Nutrition, Endocrinology, Urology, Feline medicine and Interventional Radiology.
This full-time post will run from autumn 2021 (precise date to be confirmed) in order to prepare the resident to sit the ECVIM-CA board examinations. There is a shared out of hours rota with Specialist supervision.
Applicants should be registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons to practice in the United Kingdom and should have graduated from an institution that has been approved by the European Association of Veterinary Education Establishments (EAVEE). A minimum of one year in primary care practice and completion of a rotating internship or equivalent is mandatory. A thorough knowledge of both conversational and medical English is essential.
Our philosophy is very much one of friendly co-operation between all members of the team with a collaborative culture between clinicians working across every specialism. Willows is proud to be accredited by Investors in People at the extended Silver level, and we are dedicated to providing excellent working conditions, care and support for all of our 240 personnel.
Find out more…..
Further information is available on our website: www.willows.uk.net