- Very competitive salary and beenfits package
- Full time (part time applicants considered)
Pride Veterinary Centre is the central small animal hospital for the Scarsdale Veterinary Group, a multi-species practice employing over 300 staff across 12 sites in the Midlands. At Pride we offer specialist services in anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, oncology, soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, exotics and dermatology. Cardiology with advanced practitioners alongside on-site hydrotherapy and physiotherapy. The state-of-the-art hospital provides 24/7 veterinary care, supported by a dedicated night team. We work closely with the University of Nottingham, with the veterinary students rotating through first opinion and referral services at Pride. We are located at the edge of Derby city centre with good transport links to major cities via road and rail network. East Midlands Airport and Birmingham International Airport offer convenient access to domestic and international destinations. The beautiful Peak District is just around the corner.
The oncology team comprises a European and RCVS recognised specialist, 2 dedicated oncology nurses and an oncology Intern. The experienced, friendly team of 100+ veterinary professionals at Pride deliver Specialist led care, collaborating to provide the best possible outcome for all our patients. The team provides referral services to external veterinary professionals and to our own first opinion vets. Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, dedicated leadership structure and support functions such as Customer Care, HR and Marketing.
A Specialist or residency trained oncologist is required to join our established team. A referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
Pride Veterinary Centre is a state-of-the-art referral and teaching hospital, in full collaboration with University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
The fantastic facilities include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite (with CT and MRI), 3 ultrasound rooms, interventional radiology and cardiology capabilities, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool and treadmills and dedicated chemotherapy & radio-iodine treatment rooms.
Required skills and experience….
- Diplomate of the ECVIM or ACVIM in small animal oncology or completed an ECVIM-CA or ACVIM approved residency in oncology.
Would be good to have….
- Peer reviewed publications and CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events
- Previous experience in teaching
Professional Perks and Benefits
- An excellent salary package commensurate with experience
- 6 weeks holiday allowance plus bank holidays and birthday off work.
- £3000 CPD cost allowance plus 10 days CPD days to give or receive training
- A 4-day week allowing a great work/life balance.
- RCVS and VDS costs covered plus 2 chosen subscriptions
- Regular internal CPD, rounds and morbidity and mortality rounds to maximise patient outcomes.
- Death in Service Cover
- Private Healthcare
- Discount staff pet scheme